Home accents are the perfect way to update your home in a brand new way that doesn’t require a lot of effort or money. And that’s the best part! With so many different projects you can try, you’ll never get bored. I especially love small projects like updating hardware in your kitchen cabinets or adding a gallery wall to highlight your favorite photos and prints. There are so many home accent ideas to update your space you’ll never get bored! Here, Merge Home discusses a few accents ideas to help you update your space and keep it fresh.
Updating Your Space
Accent pieces are a great easy way to update your space, and they add interest and dimension and can be versatile in any room of the home. For example, you can use them on a mantle, side table or console, entry table or coffee table, bookcase, headboard, nightstand, bed frame or armoire, dining table, and more!
When working with home furnishing and accessories, don’t just think about what goes with what you have now—think outside the box and use all the color you can. It’s always good to go bold and mix different patterns, textures, and finishes.
The great thing about accessories is that they tend to be a quick fix—generally, they are easy to do on your own. Since they are so minimal, spending that kind of money is not necessary. So you don’t have to worry about getting rid of something before adding another piece to have the best home furnishings. If these ideas seem too daunting, seek the services of an interior designer Atlanta.
Quick And Simple Living Room Accent Ideas
Start with these five simple updates:
- Add a touch of nature. Bringing plants into your space is the easiest way to add a pop of color while also purifying the air. Potted plants are generally low maintenance and will help bring life into any space.
- Get creative with storage solutions. If there’s not a lot of storage in your apartment, you’ll have to get crafty. A great place to start is by turning furniture into dual functioning pieces and using wall shelves for knick-knacks.
- Hang up some artwork. Nothing adds personality quite like hanging up some artwork in your living room. From framed posters to DIY art, it’s hard to go wrong here.
- Bring in some pillows. A colorful pillow is the quickest way to add a little life into a room without much effort or cost involved. It’s also easy to swap out pillows or pillow covers if you want to change things up!
- Accent rugs. If you’ve been considering replacing all of the floorings in your home, consider adding an accent rug instead. You can find rugs that include all of the colors you want in any room in your house, then when you’re ready for a new look, switch out the rug, and you’ll have a brand new space for less!
Quick And Simple Bedroom Accent Ideas
Keep your bedroom looking modern with these bedroom accent ideas.
- Paint the walls a color you love. This is the easiest and most cost-effective way to add personality to your bedroom. A rich, dark color will make the space feel cozy and intimate, while a pale pastel hue can brighten up the room. Consider using removable wall decals if you’re not ready to commit to a permanent paint job.
- Change out the bedding. You don’t have to buy an entirely new bedding set if you find something you love — swap out the duvet cover or comforter with one that has a unique pattern or texture. You’ll probably want matching pillowcases or shams, but keep the rest of your bedding simple.
- Throw pillows. Add a few throw pillows in fun fabrics or textures. Mix and match by size, shape, and fabric for an eclectic look that feels cohesive. Consider getting pillow covers for existing pillows if you prefer something a little more orderly (but no less fun).
- Paint an accent wall. If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to refresh your bedroom, try painting one wall an accent color. Use the accent color for your bedding and accessories for a put-together look. You could even paint the window and door frames in the same color.
- Build a headboard. Whether you prefer modern or traditional, rustic or glam, there are plenty of headboard ideas to choose from. Whether you want to make a DIY headboard from scratch, repurpose items you already own, or go out and buy a new one, we have plenty of inspiration for you. Cover plywood in batting and fabric. Please attach it to the wall using L-brackets and decorative molding along the top, and enjoy your new focal point!
Quick And Simple Kitchen Accent Ideas
Kitchens can be challenging to decorate. While this room is perfect for entertaining, it’s also a space heavily used by family members daily. This means that any decorative items need to be useful and easy to clean.
Decorating the kitchen does not mean you have to give up the functionality of the space. Instead, choose items that are both attractive and practical. Here are a few quick and simple home accent ideas for your kitchen.
- Artwork. Another way to refresh your kitchen is by adding artwork to the walls. This will help break up any monotony in the room and add some fun, colorful pieces that tie together your decorative items. Consider adding contemporary art with bright colors or abstract prints. You could even go with some rustic signs or wall hangings if you wanted something a bit more unique.
- Add a rug. Rugs are great accent pieces in any room, and they can brighten up a space and make it feel more inviting. Place rugs under the sink or in front of the stove as decorative pieces. If you’re looking for something more colorful and bold, we recommend using this home accent idea in an area that doesn’t get too much foot traffic, like underneath your dining table or breakfast nook.
- Cabinet facelifts. If your cabinets are still in decent shape but could use a new look on the outside, consider refacing or refinishing rather than replacing them. Some companies offer cabinet refacing services, which involve replacing only the doors and drawer fronts with new ones. You can also attempt this yourself by sanding down old cabinets, priming them, and painting them with durable paint like gel stain or high-gloss enamel paint.
- Backsplash facelifts. If you don’t want to invest in a full-on backsplash replacement, consider covering up those tired tiles with peel-and-stick wallpaper or vinyl decals instead. Vinyl decals are particularly versatile because they’re removable and come in endless patterns and designs.
- Fresh knobs and handles. Replacing knobs and handles to drawers and cabinets can completely rejuvenate a stale-looking kitchen.
Quick And Simple Bathroom Accent Ideas
Perhaps you’re looking to give your bathroom a fresh look. Maybe you want to update it with something more modern, or perhaps you’re more interested in something more traditional. Either way, there are various ways to update your bathroom style without breaking the bank.
- Accent towels. Consider replacing them with more colorful versions instead to add some color to your space.
- Decorative shower curtains. These days shower curtains don’t have to be plain white plastic sheets that do nothing but keep water off your floor. There are lots with fun patterns on them that can liven up a bathroom. A patterned shower curtain will also help tie in any decorative accents you have elsewhere in the bathroom.
- Floating shelves. While floating shelves might seem like an intimidating DIY project, they’re pretty easy to do yourself. All you need is a level, pencil, shelf brackets, and some wood (we recommend reclaimed wood). Once you have all your materials, measure twice and cut once. You’ll want to make sure the shelves are equal from the wall, so they look polished and professional.
- Towel hooks. Towel hooks are easy accents that will leave more room on your towel rack while adding some style to your bathroom wall at the same time.
- Showerheads. Showerheads come in all kinds of shapes and sizes now, so why not switch yours out for something more elegant or modern? It’s an easy fix that will instantly update the look of your space.
Looking For Interior Design Help?
With some patience, a good eye, and a bit of creativity, you can easily transform your home into the home of your dreams. The continued movement towards a minimalist lifestyle has given way to more space and airy living areas while retaining the individuality and truly unique aspects of an inhabitant’s personality. This makes home decor simpler and easier to achieve since fewer battles over space are left to fight. These quick and simple accent ideas will help you breathe new life into your space without breaking the bank on interior design. Be sure to give us a call today and one of our experienced team members would be happy to help you with anything you need!